Spicy Pineapple Beef

I made this for the first time using leftover beef roast.  I saved about 2 cups of beef roast shredded into fairly large chunks and covered it with the remaining cooking liquid.  Daddy and I loved it.  I guess you could call this a "double duty dinner".  We had Beef Roast one night and this meal another night that week. 


Spicy Pineapple Beef
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drain juice
2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
2 cups leftover beef roast with about 1/2 cup cooking liquid
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 Tbsp cornstarch
3 Tbsp water

In Dutch oven, heat oil and vinegar.  Add pineapple and jalapenos, cook for 5-7 minutes.  Add leftover beef roast, cooking liquid, water and soy sauce.  Cook for 5 minutes.  Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl and then pour into the beef mixture.  Stir well until thickened and turn on low.

Serve over steamed rice.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails