Chocolate Pudding or Pots de Creme

I made these for a blogger food challenge and we loved them so much we made them 3 times in 2 weeks!  It's a little time consuming, but so worth it!

Homemade Chocolate Pudding
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
3 egg yolks
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Warm the milk, sugar and chocolate chips over medium low heat, stirring to melt chocolate being careful not to scorch. 

In a separate bowl, mix yolks with cornstarch and salt.  

After the chocolate chips have melted and the milk resembles chocolate milk, temper the yolks with the mixture.  Adding a little of the milk to the yolks and whisking to warm them.  Then pour the yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the warm chocolate milk whisking until combined.

Increase temperature to medium heat and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 2-3 minutes or until it's thickened.  Don't forget to add the vanilla extract before pouring into serving dishes.  As for my "serving dishes", I don't own the cute little ramekins.  I collect tea cups and thought they would look pretty.  Refrigerate until ready to eat.  Then serve with whipped cream or cool whip.  

These are DELICIOUS!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE!!! chocolate and a bowl of CREAMY!!! homemade chocolate pudding sounds AWESOME!!!

Avril said...

Ahhhhhh CHOCOLATE!!!! What a fabulous recipe - and it looks easy too! Fun to see your daughter helping with the making of the pudding....I def be doing the same with mine soon now too. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails